How we experience the web generally, and social media more specifically, is largely mediated through algorithms. Algorithms are computer programs that make thousands of decisions for us every day, but we don’t often critically examine what is happening under the hood of the web to understand what we see and why. In this module, learn more about how algorithms work and what you can do about it.
- Begin to understand algorithmic underpinnings of the web
- Apply that understanding for your own digital identity and literacy
- I Liked Everything on Facebook
- I Quit Liking Anything on Facebook
- What Does Facebook Know About You?
- Can you get a top ranking on Linkedin?
- What Ads Do I See (and When and Why)?